Supportive Housing

If you need help securing safe and affordable housing, we may have a program that can help!

Finding safe, decent, affordable, and sanitary housing can be difficult on a limited income. Brightpoint may be able to help through Supportive Housing. The Housing Choice Voucher Program (HCVP), commonly known as “Section 8,” and Permanent Supportive Housing, both assist with household rent, but have different eligibility requirements.

Housing Choice Voucher Program

Eligibility for Brightpoint’s Housing Choice Voucher Program (HCVP) is based on a family’s household income. If your family meets the income eligibility requirements, we can provide you with a voucher that will cover a portion of your rent. You will be responsible to pay the balance. Your share is an affordable percentage of your income, generally between 30 – 40% of your monthly adjusted gross income, for rent and utilities. You are free to choose any housing that meets the requirements of the program and are not limited to units located in subsidized housing projects. To find out if you meet the income eligibility requirements, please give us a call at (260) 423-3546, ext. 330.

Waiting List for Housing Choice Voucher Program (Section 8) are Now Open

Brightpoint is now accepting applications for the HCVP waitlist. Applications are available online only. Please select your county to apply: Allen (outside city limits of Fort Wayne), DeKalbElkhart (outside city limits of Goshen and Elkhart), FultonKosciusko (outside city limits of Warsaw), LaGrangeMarshallNobleSteuben, and Whitley

Those with a disability where a reasonable accommodation is needed to allow equal access to the application process should contact Brightpoint at (260) 423-3546, ext. 330. For assistance in another language to allow equal access to the application process, applicants should call IHCDA at 317-232-7788.

See the full Public Notice here

Permanent Supportive Housing

Brightpoint’s Permanent Supportive Housing Program provides permanent housing in connection with supportive services to individuals and families experiencing homelessness with disabilities such as serious mental illness, chronic substance abuse, and/or HIV/AIDS. Housing vouchers help pay a portion of the household’s rent and are designed to support the goal of maintaining long-term housing stability.

Eligible participants must be HUD-defined homeless, have a disability of either serious mental illness, chronic substance abuse, and/or HIV/AIDS and be referred to the Permanent Supportive Housing program through the Coordinated Entry System. Program participants are encouraged to receive supportive services for their disability with a partner agency. Interested individuals should call (260) 423-3546 ext. 332 to start the Coordinated Entry assessment.