Brightpoint Updates due to COVID-19
Updated 7-24-20 – Brightpoint’s main office at 227 E. Washington Blvd in Fort Wayne is now open to the public with the following new procedures due to COVID-19:
- Hours for client visits are 8:00 am – 4:00 pm, Monday through Thursday.
- There will be one way into the building and one way out. The doors on Washington Boulevard will serve as the entrance and the doors on the Barr Street side will be the exit. (Except for those needing to use the ramp on Washington Blvd, who will be allowed to exit there.)
- No more than eight (8) people will be allowed in the lobby at one time. There will be someone posted at the entrance to ensure that this maximum occupancy is maintained. If possible, please plan to send one person from your family into the building to conduct business with Brightpoint.
- Please maintain six feet of distance between you and others while inside the office. Floor decals and signage are posted to help remind you.
- The number of chairs in our lobby and waiting room have been reduced to maintain social distancing; please leave them where they are.
- Touchless hand sanitizing stations are available for your use.
- Pursuant to Governor Holcomb’s statewide mask requirement of public places, beginning July 27 all visitors will be required to wear a face covering over their nose and mouth while in our building. Please wear one if you have it; masks will be available for those who don’t have one.
Our offices in other counties remain closed; however, there are drop boxes outside these offices for applications and other documents for the Energy Assistance Program (EAP) and Health Insurance Assistance (CKF.) The last day to apply for EAP benefits is July 30.
There continue to be options for applying for assistance for many Brightpoint programs through the website, mybrightpoint.org. Staff are available by phone, 260-423-3546 or 800-589-3506 and email, firstname.lastname@example.org, Monday – Thursday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm; Friday, 8:00 am – 12:00 pm. Those who are homeless and seeking housing through Coordinated Entry should call 260-423-3546, ext. 332 and leave a message.
In addition, Brightpoint is offering COVID-19 economic assistance for individuals, families, and businesses. Click here to see what is available and how to apply.