Brightpoint Request for Proposal: Furnace Contractors
For the period November 1, 2019 to March 15, 2020
Direct Proposals to:
227 E. Washington Blvd.
Fort Wayne, IN 46853-0570
(260) 423-3546, ext. 263
Brightpoint, a private, not-for profit social services agency, is a sub-grantee of the federal Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) that provides utility assistance for low-income households.
Brightpoint has been awarded the Emergency Repair and Replace (ERR) program to protect the health and safety of households when other forms of assistance will not resolve the energy-related crisis. This program repairs and/or replaces furnaces and wood stoves. The intention of ERR is to restore heat when heat or heating systems no longer function. ERR operates from November 1, 2019 through March 15, 2020; however, additional funds may be available through October 31, 2020.
Brightpoint does not discriminate against any contractor based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability or status as a Vietnam era veteran. Brightpoint is committed to a policy of non-discrimination.
All employees of Brightpoint are prohibited from accepting gifts, money, other financial remuneration, or gratuities from persons having received or having benefited from services provided by the agency.
ERR operates in Allen, DeKalb, LaGrange, Noble, Steuben, and Whitley counties only.
II. Submission of Information
- Submit proposals no later than Friday, September 27, 2019, 5:30 p.m.
- Direct questions concerning this RFP to: Pamela Brookshire, (260) 399-4101 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Address proposals to:
227 E. Washington Blvd., PO Box 10570
Fort Wayne, IN 46853-0570
- Submit the proposal in a sealed envelope clearly marked in the lower left-hand corner with the following information: Request for Proposal for Furnace Contractor
- Mail or deliver hard-copy proposals to the above stated address by the closing submission date and time.
- Alternatively, electronically submit proposals to email@example.com by the closing submission date of Friday, September 27, 2019, 5:30 p.m.
- Brightpoint reserves the right to reject all proposals received in response to this RFP.
- Brightpoint shall make efforts to utilize small businesses and minority-owned businesses. A Contractor qualifies as a small business firm if it meets the definition of “small business” as established by the Small Business Administration (13 CFR 121.201 ). A minority-owned business must be 51% owned, operated and controlled by a minimum of one US citizen whose ethnic background is at least 25% Asian-Indian, Asian-Pacific, Black, Hispanic, or Native American.
III. Proposal Specifications
- Contractors must be bonded as required by pertinent laws, ordinances, regulations or codes
- Contractors must be well-trained in proper furnace installation.
- Contractors must be able to conduct pressure tests and meet standard mechanical equipment work requirements.
- Contractors must ensure that the old, inoperable heating source is removed.
- Contractors must install the highest efficiency parts and heating sources possible.
- The warranty must be in writing, with the original provided to the household and a copy to Brightpoint.
- Contractors must submit to Brightpoint a completed W-9 Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification Form.
- Contractor must meet the following minimum insurance coverage requirements:
1. Property damage: $50,000
2. Bodily injury and liability: $1,000,000
3. Basic worker’s compensation