The Energy Assistance Program (EAP) helps pay a portion of winter heating bills. So far for the 2019/2020 program year, Brightpoint has served more than 8,700 families in Allen, Dekalb, LaGrange, Noble, Steuben, and Whitley Counties.
The Energy Assistance Program has closed for the 2019-2020 season and will reopen on November 1, 2020. There will be no Summer Cooling Assistance available for Summer 2020.
Please click here for details on current information due to COVID-19. We encourage you to continue accessing our services by calling, emailing, and using our website. Our phones are open from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Thursday and 8:00 am to 12:00 pm on Friday.
When applications for EAP are open again, you will be able to come back here to apply.
Click here for the 2019-2020 Energy Assistance Mail-In Application.
You may submit the Energy Assistance Program web/mail-in application with the following documentation:
- The State-issued photo ID for the applicant. Photo IDs are not required for other household members.
- The completed application with all questions answered and the last page signed and dated.
- Copies of Social Security cards for all members one year or older.
- A copy of proof of income received in the last 3 full calendar months for each household member age 18 or over.
- If you paid child support, please send proof of child support payments.
- A copy of your current heating bill and electric bill.
- If you are a homeowner, a copy of your property taxes, mortgage statement, homeowner insurance or deed.
- If you rent your home and electric and.or heating are included in your rent, please include a landlord affidavit completed and signed by your landlord or an authorized designee or a complete lease signed within the past 24 months. .
- Households claiming Veteran status must provide a DD-214 or Veteran’s Administration Identification card.
Send COPIES of required documentation only. No documents will be returned.
By completing and submitting the application, you understand the following:
- Submitting a mail-in application does not stop a disconnect notice or guarantee assistance. Continue to pay your bill.
- Submitting an incomplete application will not stop a disconnection notice. Assistance will not be approved. Continue to pay your bill.
- It will be four to six months before the payments appear on utility bills.
- If you are disconnected or move before the moratorium date of December 1, 2019, you won’t be protected from disconnection for non-payment.
- The EAP application must be returned to the Brightpoint office by May 15, 2020.
- Brightpoint cannot verify Social Security income or Social Security Numbers. Make a copy of your current Social Security Award Letter or your bank statement if you have direct deposit for your Social Security, and submit with the EAP application.
If you have questions, please call (800) 589-3506, press 1 and then press 3 and follow the prompts for utility assistance.
Postage is not provided.
The EAP Application and all required documentation must be submitted to the Brightpoint office by May 15, 2020.
Mail the application to:
PO BOX 10570
Fort Wayne, IN 46853-0570