The Energy Assistance Program (EAP) helps pay a portion of winter heating bills.
Applications for the 2018-2019 program year are now available and will be accepted through May 17, 2019. Click here for the 2018-2019 Energy Assistance Mail-In Application.
If utility service is disconnected, or is scheduled for disconnect, crisis appointments are available. To make an appointment:
- Call (800) 589-2264 for our automated appointment line.
- If there are no appointments available prior to your disconnect date, please call 2-1-1 First Call for Help and visit our local office to complete an application.
Bring to appointment and/or submit the following documentation with a completed application:
- The State-issued photo ID for the applicant. Photo IDs are not required for other household members.
- The completed application with all questions answered and the last page signed and dated.
- Copies of Social Security cards for all members one year or older.
- A copy of proof of income received in the last 3 full calendar months for each household member.
- If you paid child support, please send proof of child support payments.
- A copy of your last heating bill and your electric bill.
- If you are a homeowner, a copy of your property taxes, mortgage statement, homeowner insurance or deed.
- If your utilities are included in your rent, you must submit a Landlord Affidavit completed by your landlord.
- Households claiming Veteran status must provide a DD-214 or Veteran’s Administration Identification card.
Send COPIES of required documentation only. Nothing will be returned.
If utility service is NOT subject to disconnection, submit the Energy Assistance Program web/mail-in application.
2018-2019 Energy Assistance Application By completing and submitting this application, you understand the following:
- Submitting a mail-in application does not stop a disconnect notice or guarantee assistance. Continue to pay your bill.
- Submitting an incomplete application will not stop a disconnection notice. Assistance will not be approved. Continue to pay your bill.
- It will be four to six months before the payments will appear on utility bills.
- If you are disconnected or move before the moratorium date of December 1, 2018, you won’t be protected from disconnection for non-payment.
- The EAP application must be returned to the Brightpoint office by May 12, 2019.
- Brightpoint cannot verify Social Security income or Social Security Numbers. Make a copy of your current Social Security Award Letter or your bank statement if you have direct deposit for your Social Security, and submit with the EAP application.
Please call (800) 589-3506 and press 1 and then press 3 and follow the prompts for utility assistance.
Postage is not provided.
The EAP Application and all required documentation must be returned to the Brightpoint office by May 12, 2019.
Mail the application to:
PO BOX 10570
Fort Wayne, IN 46853-0570