Energy, Water and Wastewater Assistance
The Brightpoint Energy Assistance Program (EAP) helps pay a portion of winter heating bills and also includes Water and Wastewater Assistance which helps pay a portion of your water and wastewater bills. Brightpoint serves households in Allen, Dekalb, LaGrange, Noble, Steuben, and Whitley Counties. It is one application to apply for both programs.
INFLATION SUPPLEMENT BONUS BENEFIT
The Inflation Supplement will be released Mid-September. If you have an approved EAP application from November 1st, 2021- May 15th , 2022, you will automatically receive a $250 benefit to your heating and $250 benefit to your electric accounts that we have on file. These are not crisis benefits and will not be pledged to prevent a disconnect.
2022-2023 Energy Assistance Program
We encourage you to continue accessing our services by calling, emailing, and using our website. Our phones are open from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday and 1:00PM- 4:30PM Wednesday, and 8:00 am to 12:00 pm on Friday. The Family Support Department is closed on Wednesday mornings from 8:00AM -1:00PM.
EAP applications for program year 2023 are now available. The official program start date is November 1, 2022. We will not be able to prevent disconnections or call in pledges prior to November 1, 2022. If you are up for disconnect or disconnected please complete the EAP application and submit your required documents and reach out to your utility companies, your township trustee or 2-1-1 for additional assistance.
New! Virtual office hours are available Monday’s from 1 PM – 3PM and Thursday’s from 4:30PM – 6PM. Click here to join the meeting at any one of those times to have your questions answered.
CDC social distancing guidelines require us to limit the number of people in our lobby. Please have your application and your documentation ready. You may still submit the application via email, secure upload, or the drop box without an appointment.
How to submit the application:
- Submit an application online at http://eap.ihcda.in.gov. Opens October 3, 2022.
- Click here for a printable 2022-2023 Energy Assistance and Water Assistance Mail-In Application and instructions. (attached)
- US Mail (Postage is not provided):
PO Box 10570
Fort Wayne, IN 46853-0570
- Email: email@example.com
- In Fort Wayne, a drop box is available.
If you have questions, please call (800) 589-3506, press 1 and then follow the prompts for utility assistance.
The EAP Application and all required documentation must be submitted to the Brightpoint office by May 15, 2023.
Please have your supporting documentation available.
- Completed 2022-2023 EAP application with all persons living at the address of the application as of the date of application.
- Photo ID for person completing and signing the application
- Proof of Social Security Number for each person in the household
- Copy of Social Security Card
- Copy of valid U.S. Passport
- Copy of valid state-issued REAL ID
- Current documentation of income for all household members age 18 or over. This may include:
- Most recent paystub
- Social Security/SSI/VA benefits
- Most recent complete award letter (may be downloaded from online)
- Complete bank statement
- Award letter
- Most recent Form 1040 tax return, with all appropriate self-employment schedules.
- Unemployment Benefits
- Full print-out of your most current Uplink statement.
- Alimony/spousal support/Worker’s Compensation/Private disability
- Any documentation of payments received.
- Odd Jobs/irregular income/No Income
- Completed Income Verification form
- Current, complete bills for your electric, heating, and water and/or wastewater utilities.
- Please ensure you are providing the full and complete billing statement!!
- Bulk deliverable fuel, provide most recent delivery receipt
- If utilities are included in your rent, please complete the Landlord Affidavit.
- Depending on household circumstances, additional documentation may be required.